Promoting your website
An e-commerce website is only as good as the quality of traffic that it gets. No e-commerce website will generate sales without any marketing and promotion to get users to your site.
Below are a series or suggestions of how to market and promote your e-commerce website.
If you have a physical retail store then there is a number of different things that you can do.
- Make sure your website address is clearly visible instore
- Include your website address on all receipts and carrier bags
- Include handouts with details of your site with all purchases
- Provide details of offers only available online
- If you use Voucher Codes offer people who make purchases instore a code to get a discount online.
- If you have exclusive product lines online make sure these are promoted instore
On your site
- Make sure you are price competitive
- Try to offer FREE delivery
- Include a page of special offers
- Use Promo Banners and Ads to promote select products
- Collect email addresses for email marketing
- Have exclusive product lines online
- Consider a weekly special offer that you can promote online, instore or by email
- Create bundles of products at a reduced price
- Change featured products regularly
- Ensure all business stationary and print advertising includes your website address
- Consider radio advertising to promote your brand and website address
- If you have a weekly offer include this in any instore or other advertising
- Use collected email addresses to promote exclusive product lines and offers
- Use Google Adwords to drive quality traffic to your website
- Use banner advertising linked to your current promotional offer